A Word in Season Day 2
Saturday, October 2, 2010 Pastor Appreciation
Why You Should Pray for Your Pastor
1 Thess 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.
The pressures of the pastoral ministry are immense. You should pray for the person speaking into your life on a consistent basis. Take the time to purposely pray and intercede on behalf of your pastor and his or her family.
10 Reasons to Pray for Your Pastor:
1. People are needed to carry out God's Mandates Matt 9:30
2. Must give account for the souls of the sheepfold Heb 13:7
3. Costly Assignment With Limited Resources Phil 4:12
4. Pastors Often Serve Sacrificially 1 Thess 2:9
5. Pastors Often Experience Loneliness in a Crowd 2 Tim 4:16
6. Pastor and their family Held to a Higher Standard 1 Pet 5:1-3
7. High Stress Job 2 Cor 11:28
8. The Word of God May Have Free Course 2 Thess 3:1
9. Deliverance from Evil Men 2 Thess 3:2
10.That You Might Be Blessed Phil 4:17
Prayer Focus: Father, I ask your blessings upon my pastor.
Verse of the Day:Eph 6:18-19 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Living the Word Today: Use the points and scriptures above to pray for your pastor today.
All Rights Reserved October 2010 James D. Corbett